Today’s devotional is about Satan. You’ll be shocked to know, Most people deny his existence, his power, his wisdom and craftiness, his hatred for you! You can’t afford to be ignorant. Satan, the devil is real, and never gives up. Reading this devotional will enlighten you, strengthen your faith and consolidate your knowledge.
Satan (Hebrew: הַשָׂטָן ha-Satan), “the opposer”, is the title of various entities, both human and divine, who challenge the faith of humans. In Christianity the title became a personal name, and “Satan” changed from an accuser appointed by God to test men’s faith to the chief of the rebellious fallen angels (“the devil” in Christianity, “Shaitan” in Arabic, the term used by Arab Christians) Satan stands for wickedness, hatred, deprivation, murders, lies, etc. He is the prince of the air, the head of demons. Satan is the head of all occults and false religions.
Defeating Satan, his Demons and Agents by any body; believer or a church of Christ requires one formula: To “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” (James 4:7 NIV). Satan is only interested in ‘True Believers of Jesus Christ’, (Rev. 12:17). He shows up wherever the believers fellowships. The Bible says; “One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them.” (Job 1:6 NIV). As the head of the fallen angels, the rebellious children of God, Jesus told the followers that He saw “Satan fall like lightning from heaven.” (Luke 10:18 NIV). Losing that rank made the devil mad at all that obeys God.
CHARACTERS OF SATAN (Devil)
Below are twelve characters of Satan. There are many more in the Bible, but your studies will reveal them daily.
1. Satan, the devil and his demons enters and dwell in people to make them do evil things that contradicts the word of God. For example; “Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve.” (Luke 22:3 NIV) to enable him to betray Jesus.
2. Satan recruits people, those that reveal their anxiousness to lustful desires. As his human agents, he uses them to deceive their fellow human beings. “And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.” (2 Corinthians 11:14, 15 NIV)
3. Satan knows all about you. Your relationship with God, your rewards from God and his limits with you. He does not know your HEART, so he waits for you to speak. His subtlety comes as a tempter, based on what he hears you speak. If your word contains any doubts, questions, or limitations about God, he moves in to lie! “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. (Job 1:9 NIV). As a Christian, you must see yourself as God (His Word) sees you.
4. Be careful who you agree with. Satan, his demons and agents work in agreement. They know that the divine success is agreement (Amos 3:3, Matthew 18:18-19). Haven said this, you must discern your environment, people before you make deals. Especially in the areas of marriage, and any long-term pursuits. “If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand?” (Matthew 12:26 NIV). As we can tell in our world today, all the false religions have joined with the occults to war against believers. Regardless what, the devil is evil. His promises might offer the best in the physical, but, the product is sin, death and hell fire!
5. Satan wants you destroyed. Jesus said to Peter, “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.” (Luke 22:31, 32 NIV). Always rely on the infallible seal, the prayer Jesus made for you. Amen.
6. Satan wants you tormented, tortured and scared. “Skin for skin!” Satan replied. “A man will give all he has for his own life.” (Job 2:4 NIV) this tactics works for him only if you do not have faith, personal relationship with Christ, or a hypocrite. Believing every word of God terrorizes him. He can not handle the truth.
7. Obedience, prayer, fasting and the word of God is a formidable divine arsenal that stops Satan. “Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man’s house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can plunder his house. (Matthew 12:29 NIV) This is your key to staying free, deliver your family and friends, succeed in your enterprise, and honor God effectively.
8. Satan hinders everything good. He usurps peace, joy, blessings, unions, health, finances and the spreading of the gospel. “For we wanted to come to you—certainly I, Paul, did, again and again—but Satan blocked our way.” (1 Thessalonians 2:18 NIV)
9. As a believer, you should know that the end-time prophesies are fulfilling. This is a time to be the ‘Best’ christian, to dwell in the grace of God and serve truthfully. “The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie,” (2 Thessalonians 2:9 NIV). Make sure you are not being deceived. In the churches today, do not let the size, numbers and sermons fool you! Even the miracles! Make your notes and check those huge swelling words you heard with the Bible, the only infallible written word of God. Then escape if ever contradicted.
10. Satan is the tempter. Regardless of who you are, he will tempt you sore! Use the word of God against him, speak it, and live it (at least your best). “The tempter came to him (Jesus) and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.” (Matthew 4:3 NIV). This old trick still works and is destroying many today. I call it ‘praised into destruction’ technique. You know who you are, but not to glorify the devil? Only God is glorified! When the praises of people are more than their telling you the truth, watch out!
11. Satan is the spirit of enticement. He lures people into doing what is not right before God. Study the characters of God, and stay in it. Regardless who speaks otherwise; spirit or man, do not obey. “Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the Lord and said, ‘I will entice him.’ “‘By what means?’ the Lord asked. “‘I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,’ he said. “‘You will succeed in enticing him,’ said the Lord. ‘Go and do it.’ “So now the Lord has put a deceiving spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours. The Lord has decreed disaster for you.” (1 Kings 22:21-23 NIV). As a pastor, sometimes people will come to me for instructions that can change my ministry, but I still will tell them the truth. Some of them left, some stayed. That is a fact! Decide to honor God. Do not lie or deceive for a selfish gain.
12. Only God can judge, restrict and destroy satan. When you depend on God in his entirety, then you can do the same through obedience. Then, “The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. And the grace of our Lord Jesus will be with you. (Romans 16:20 NIV).
What will you do differently today? Stay focused and defeat your enemies. God bless you as you meet this call.
From Pastor Peter Okereke Jr.
TLWMI. Copyright Reserved, 2011.
(must use with written permission)
Scripture of the day: Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. ~ 1 Peter 5:8-9 NIV
~SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG~