John 20:22, 23 NKJV
“…., He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”
The Holy Spirit is God, the third person of the Trinity. The gift of God to all believers, the manifestation of the power of God in and around us, His people. He is fully God. He is eternal, omniscient, omnipresent, has a will, and can speak. He is alive. He is a person. He is not particularly visible in the Bible because His ministry is to bear witness of Jesus (John 15:26).
The Holy Spirit indwells those that believes in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and empowers them to do God’s will. As God in us, a believer develops the characters and attributes of God in all areas of power, thinking, reasoning, discernment and character. The only difference is that we are human (and cannot do anything without the Holy Spirit), and He is God (that enables us do all things).
Having the Holy Spirit empowers us to boldly do the will of God, regardless who opposes it. With faith, we will always win and achieve our goals. As a spirit of empowerment, many times, more enemies are created than friends as one gets Born-again. Jesus told His disciples; “All this I have told you so that you will not fall away. They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me.” (John 16 v.1-3). This simply means that as the world hates the truth, so also they will hate the speaker of the truth!
Have you been told the truth lately? It really hurts! But the fact is this, God is so transparent that He would not want anyone of us to be ignorant, or try to ridicule His wisdom by faulting Him like Adam did (Genesis 3). God wants to bear witness in all His Children, so He indwells them. As the spirit of truth, He speaks without bias. He also speaks without favoritism, and suggests the best for each and every person, allowing us to make the final choice. Unlike the devil, the Holy Spirit will counsel us with all patience, reveals to us both sides of the choices we make, and even educate us into understanding the right path to take. Conversely, Satan will curse, roar, frighten and threaten our choices that is not his will. If we make the good choice, God is pleased, honored and glorified. We then grow in maturity, anointing and wisdom.
Operating in the Holy Spirit requires your act of obedience. When you therefore obey, then faith will ignite, followed by hope. When Christ was here on earth, he was here as a full man. He did not impose his divine nature as God, but through obedience to the word of God, as spoken by the prophets, he overcame sin. This act was the entire scriptures, so that through Him (John 1:1-2,12,14), we will be reconciled to God. The Calvary victory cost the life of the only Son of God, releasing the Spirit through the Blood. This process to those perishing is foolishness, but to us believers, the power and wisdom of God revealed (1 Corinthians 1:18). “But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: about sin, because people do not believe in me; about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.”(John 16 v.7-11)
Operating in the Holy Spirit has many rewards. But let me remind you that you can not fake this gift, it is by grace that God gives it to all that truly repents of their sins, follow in service, Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
OFFICE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT:
1. The Holy Spirit is your advocate. An advocate represents you, and handles all your spiritual matters. As an intercessor, He appeals your difficult cases to God, enemies and even friends. He goes, does and completes what you can not.
2. The Holy Spirit is a Revelatory. He reveals your sins, weakness and solutions to you. He enables you with solutions, and patiently walks you out of them. Your part is to follow orders and obey. “But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.” (John 16:13, 14 NIV)
3. As the spirit of Truth, you can not be mis-lead by the information you receive through the Holy Spirit. He is the spirit of Prophesy! He knows you more than you know yourself, and will always nudge you to do it right. As gentle as He is (wind), sounds (voice) or acts, the Holy will never threaten, but He can be emotional if you grieve Him! If you reject and fight the truth.
4. As a seal of our ambassadorial calling, the Holy Spirit will tell us what God thinks, wills and says. He might not explain if your faith is on the test, but can encourage if you fail. Again, the Holy Spirit can not condemn you. Ever! Every condemning word is of the devil, weather from man or spirit. Rebuke it, and repent.
5. The Holy Spirit does not seek glory. He directs all glory to God. Use this to evaluate people around you. When self is more than God, be careful.
6. Operating in the Holy Spirit connects you to the entire spiritual gifts of God (1 Corinthians 12). Through obedience, and desire, you can operate in as many as you can. Remember the woman with the oil? As soon as the container finished, the oil ceased ( 2 King 4:6)
7. The Holy Spirit is the teacher you have from God. Through Him, the scripture becomes alive! Amen.
Is there anything you wish to know about God, people or things? Repent by making Jesus the Lord over your life. “You will receive power, after the Holy Spirit has come upon you..” (Acts 1:8). Then, read the bible to develop your faith (Romans 10:17), then become a member of any bible-based, teaching church. Plant yourself to serve with any gift you have. That is also a gift from God. You will surely never be the same. God bless you all.
Scripture of the day: The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.” Luke 1:35 NIV
[For more information on the Holy Spirit, send us an email; email@example.com]
From Pastor Peter Okereke Jr.
TLWMI. Copyright Reserved, 2011.
(must use with written permission)
~SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG~