Hebrews 4:12 NKJV
“For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
As a Christian, faith 101 should be the absolute formula to doing any business with God. Without faith, it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6). Living by the word of God daily should be a very serious endeavor. Not only is God’s word living, it is powerful! It defends itself, pulling down arguments and anything that exalts itself against it. We understand that Satan and his demons were the first to this rule, and without exception, we the children of God should be mindful of the faithfulness of the God we serve.
Living by the word of God is a divine empowerment to those that obey. As the sword of the spirit (Ephesians 6:17), the word of God is able to fight for you, and protect you from any spiritual attacks, especially unknown attackers. According to Psalm 91:1, there are many benefits of living in the word of God. According to King David, “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day, Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday” (Psalm 91:1, 3-6 NKJV). Wow!
Living by the word of God involves;
1. You have to know what the word, verbatim. This can be achieved by studying the scriptures daily. You have to study to show yourself approved. The reason is, you do not want to be deceived in the name of God.
2. Speak the word of God in season and out of season. This intimidates not only Satan, but all his demons and agents. Also, whenever you speak God’s word, His spirit that inspired that word will show up around you. That is a shield, though you do not see it.
3. Sing the word of God. This is called praise or worship. God loves to hear His children remind Him of His promises. This is Pure praise and worship. As you sing the word of God, demonic kingdoms are being demolished, sickness flees, miracles happens, and God is being exalted. As a weapon of warfare, a Christian that can praise is a believer that wins victoriously.
4. Pray the word of God. Because it is the sanctified testament of the Living God, it must fulfill whatever it intends to achieve (Isaiah 55:11).
5. Think always the word of God. This act of thinking into the word of God is called meditation. You can not believe the great benefits of this very act. “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success” (Joshua 1:8 NKJV). In doing so faithfully, you are promised success and prosperity. Amen.
Are you going to live in the word of God today? Do you want to see change in your life, miracles, healing, deliverance, favor, blessings, promotions, stability, established life, etc…? Then you have to change your course.
Do this today, and God will start to release your heart’s desires. Remain blessed, in Jesus Name.
Scripture of the day: These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
From Pastor Peter Okereke Jr.
TLWMI. Copyright Reserved, 2011.
(must use with a written permission)
~SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG~