“For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.”
Rejecting the sound instruction from God has always been the way of religious people, who want to be seen as Christians, but live as pagans. Apostle Paul wrote it this way; “For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.” (2 Timothy 4:3 NIV). This is true, and converses itself daily against every Living Church around the world.
There are many things you should know about the word of God;
1. It is the truth that sets you free from all bondage, sickness, the enemy (Satan), spiritual prisons, afflictions, lack, SELF, etc. As the sword of the Spirit (Ephesians 6:17), the Word of God is able to defeat all enemies. According to Jesus The Savior and God, “And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free” (John 8:32 AMP).
2. The word of God (the Bible or Sermons) when delivered by a servant of God in the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit), may not always be music to our ears. It is piercing to the heart, especially the comfort zones of our sins. Most believers do not like it, and as a result, leave church! My counsel is that you should stay, thank God for reminding you of your shortfalls. Instead of running away from God, you should ask Him to help you make amends. Believe it or not, even the preacher is a sinner, and will be judged for the sins he commits. Why do you feel the heat whenever the sound Gospel is preached? It is because, “For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12 AMP).
3. The devil is a liar! According to Job, “And the Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from? Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.” (Job 2:2 NIV). Every believer should know this scripture by heart. The Devil is not after a non-believer, he owns you already. But he will do anything to stop you believers from serving God. Also note that if Satan succeed in making you serve God halfway, he succeed! You have to know him by his ways, works and actions. As a crafty liar, Jesus warned us to be mindful, for “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I (Jesus) have come that they (we) may have life, and have it to the full” (John 10:10 NIV).
4. “They say to the seers, “See no more visions!” and to the prophets, “Give us no more visions of what is right! Tell us pleasant things, prophesy illusions. Leave this way, get off this path, and stop confronting us with the Holy One of Israel!” (Isaiah 30:10, 11 NIV). The truth of the Gospel will definitely offend, but it is meant to heal you. A true believer wants to walk by it, non-believers want to stop it. Beware!
5. Without knowing the truth of the gospel, it will be impossible to please, serve, hear from, receive from, walk with, worship, know and see God. The gospel truth was why Christ died, so that we His children will be set free, empowered and encouraged. “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” (John 14:6, 7 NIV)
What do you think readers? Is there anywhere, in any way you are rejecting the truth as a believer? Be sure that you are not limiting your receiving powers that God have made available to those that love Him. Remember that, “?.. Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him. But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God” (1 Corinthians 2:9, 10 NKJV). Do you love God? Then do His will! (John 21:17)
Scripture of the day: Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. ~ Psalm 86:11 NIV
Pastor Peter Okereke Jr.
TLWMI copyright reserved 2011
(must be used with a written permission)
~SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG~