The Bible is a manual of God’s instructions that contains not only the divine blessings, but also divine instructions that aids man to conquer the world. Everything from your finances, healing, traditional orientations, social pavements, spiritual lather, vivid information concerning our enemy (Satan), information about Himself and warnings of dos and dont’s. Leaving you with a choice to make…. Are you one of the people perishing due to lack of the knowledge of God’s resources? This is your day!
In today’s devotional, I want to concentrate on the various Biblical warnings to all believers, that if contradicted could deteriorate our relationship with God. These warnings from the prophets to the present day, have demonstrated the faithfulness of God, and toying with them is toying with God, and your decision towards eternity.
Due to the first rebellion of man through Adam (Genesis 3), his offspring, Israel continued to grow rebellious. At the height of their fight with God and His anointed, Moses was summoned by God to bring down God’s commandments for His people (Exodus 20). Until the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, it was evident that not any single man was able to fulfill the ‘TEN COMMANDMENT’ that was given through Moses. Reason being, is that we were not created to restrictions, but to freedom and relationships. (Genesis 1:28) God made man to be free, but sin cut it off, substituting freedom with death.
Today, we have various opinions, religions, doctrines, choices and actors. Your choice and party determines your relationship with God. If you ignore the fundamental truth that God gave, you are on your own. This is a call for REPENTANCE!
SOME OF THE BIBLE WARNINGS…
1. “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheeps clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves” (Matthew 7:15 NKJV). To achieve this, you must have to know for yourself what the truth is. According to the scripture, God and His word are one (John 1:1-3,14) and He exalts His word over all His Names (Psalm 138:2). So, studying the word of God [by this I mean the BIBLE, not other books], you will be trained first-hand about God, the absolute truth and the benefits you are expecting from serving God whole-heartedly.
2. “Beware that you do not forget the Lord your God by not keeping His commandments, His judgments, and His statutes which I command you today,” (Deuteronomy 8:11 NKJV). Regardless who you are, where you come from and whatever you might think, your essence here on earth is to worship God (Ecc. 12:13). Against our lives today, men have reversed the law of God which gave free and easy access to Him and His provisions. What do we have..? Depressed everything! “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you” (Matthew 6:33 NKJV). Is this what you see today? what’s your opinion?
3. “But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak” (1 Corinthians 8:9 NKJV). It is sad in America today that what our founding father fought for have been depleted in the name of liberty and freedom. The worst is the removal of God from our public places, especially in our schools. This act alone turned our nation into an object of ridicule, a nation without security. King David once said, “Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep. Lo, children are a heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate” (Psalm 127:1-5 KJV). For an assignment, spend an hour watching the television. It is horrible what you will see. WARNING: If you are a lover of God, you will be disgusted!!! Men are marrying men, women alike? Murder at an all time high, divorce, relegation of Christianity, rise of religions that hate God, occult on a steady increase? Where do you think our nation, and the entire world will be in the next 30 years from now?
4. “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ” (Colossians 2:8 KJV). The increase of false religion have turned some Christians into puppets. Sometime ago, I was in a conversation with a group of ‘Christians’ who still believe that using the psychic medium is a way of solving their problems. When I asked them to explain how it all ended, they told me that they had no results, after spending large amounts money! Wow!! I want to be clear, God is God alone. If you can not relate to Him, you are lost! Do not be deceived, God still loves you, regardless of your shortfalls. Prayer is the medium through which you can call on God. He is up and waiting 24/7. New age philosophies, eastern religion and occultism are now masquerading as believing churches. Apostle Paul once wrote, “Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience” (Ephesians 5:6 NKJV).
5. “But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another! (Galatians 5:15 NKJV). Satan is the master of craft (Genesis 3:1), and will not stop until he achieves a goal. Today, denominational divides is the next aim in church destruction. As a Christian, you are warned not to participate in such practice. Knowing that any attempt to destroy the church is an attempt to destroy the word of God, it is in my position to remind you that God does not take this lightly. Besides, these attempt will not succeed. Jesus once said, “And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it” (Matthew 16:18 NKJV).
It was heavy on my heart to put this great information in writing for you readers, you are blessed if you read and apply the information you received today. God wants to bless you with all your heart desires, but as a faithful God, you have, must and need to get closer to Him by adjusting yourself according to His word. That is the reason Christ died.
God bless you.
Scripture of the day: Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. ~ Matthew 24:4-5 NIV
Pastor Peter Okereke Jr.
The Living Word Ministries Inc.
Copyright Reserved, 2011.
(must use with a written permission)
~SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG~
|IF YOU LOVE IT SHARE IT|