As a Christian, you are a ‘game changer’. You can change your situation, status and position. This means that your thoughts, ways and life should not be discerned by your enemies. In the real world of today, people think that going to church alone makes them a Christian. To some extent, it works, but when it comes to changing things, pronounce and receive or even create things, you must be a believer, period. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life”. (John 3:16 NIV). Again, the scripture says that, “If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you”. (John 15:7 NIV). So, the game changer is to know the word, believe the word, trust the word, use the word, speak the word and obey the word. This translates in the spiritual, that you truly believe in the God of impossibilities, and as such, a ‘game changer’.
Many times, when a believer is faced with challenges, obstacles of trial, Satan in his craftiness will tend to bias the direction. For example, we tend to lose focus on who the real enemy is, and start to look at mortal people. Flat out, the enemy we have is Satan (1 Peter 5:8). If you really want the victory and the game changed, go against the spirits, not the persons. This weapon against the spirits is called PRAYERS! Be mindful that “The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete”. (2 Corinthians 10:4-6 NIV) Prayer, can, if revealed to the naked eyes, do what none of us can believe. Prayer is the inclusion of our God in all our storms. He is always victorious.
Most ‘game changers’ are people of wisdom. This I mean that they knows their limits, when to stop trying and trust God. They discern spirits, people, and do not live in the flesh. They are humble, never share God’s glory. They move, stop, run and speak whenever commanded. Prodded with the knowledge of the word of God, they use the knowledge for victory against any usurp against them, the kingdom and the fellow believers alike. They are aware that “… our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms”. (Ephesians 6:12 NIV).
As a ‘game changer’, Moses understood that the (gods) idols of Egypt is no match with the God of the Israelites. By the instructions of God, the kingdom and the king of Egypt were put to shame. By the authority of God, the ten judgements to the ten gods/goddess of Egypt was performed through a man like us.
At the beginning of the game;
2. Frogs, One frog is cute; ten million are not. Frogs were everywhere, in the water, on the land, inside the houses, getting squashed underfoot.
3. Lice and mosquitoes. Insects entered the eyes, ears and noses of the field workers, laying eggs everywhere, so that the place crawled with larvae.
4. Flies The Hebrew word in the Bible refers to biting flies – so they were not just a pest, but a source of pain and infection
5. Diseased livestock. The scene was one of utter horror, as suffering animals collapsed and died.
6. Boils. suppurating infections covered the whole body and caused swellings which became itching and painful boils.
7. Thunder and hail. When Moses stretched his staff towards heaven, the rumble of thunder was heard. Hail, rain and zigzags of lightning filled the sky.
8. Locusts. Locusts can be a real catastrophe in the Middle East. There is no way of stopping them, since their swarms number in the billions of insects.
9. Darkness. The darkness was so thick that people had to feel their way around. This was an escalation in terror.
10. Death of the first-born Social rank or wealth made. You could not buy your way out of this
Can we relate to that today? God is not against you, but be aware that anything you put your hope in, that takes the place of God in your life, that He will destroy!
Can you change the game, your game today? Stay blessed.
Scripture of the day: As it is written, “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance”(2 Peter 3:9 NIV).
Pastor Peter Okereke Jr.
~SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG!