Living A Faithful Life is possible if you desire to live truthfully.
“Faithfulness springs forth from the earth, and righteousness looks down from heaven”. (Psalm 85:11 NIV)
Living a faithful life is a necessary call from God, to release His blessings on us. Now, the question is if we believers understand what faithfulness is?
In today’s devotional, I am going to emphasize on the meaning and few rewards of faithfulness.
Faithfulness in a nutshell means an un-wavering loyalty, trust, dependence and faith in God, His word and those He send. The scripture revealed God as the creator of all things (Genesis 1-2). Guiding His creation are various laws guiding their ability to serve man. For example, according to King David, if we on earth can live faithfully, then God’s righteousness, favor, healing, blessing, protection and all a man can need can be released from heaven (Psalm 85:11)
As a result of this simple requirement from man, every thing pivots. Class warfare in our culture comes from this; the rich and the poor, the sick and the healthy, the blessed and he cursed, the free and the bond, etc. Everyone that listens and obey God prospers. It might tarry, but surely will bring a fruitful testimony. David put it fairly, “I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread”. (Psalm 37:25 NIV). This means that living a faithful life towards God rewards those that does it. Amen.
I love the eleventh chapter of Hebrews! It is amazing how the Great God takes interest in what ordinary people does. Today, the scripture becomes a path of faithfulness to all believers, and a love letter of invitation to those that are still searching. Believe me, every word of the scripture will fulfill, and we that believe that Jesus Christ is The Lord can testify that He is alive, He heals, and even deliverance takes place at His name.
Walking in faithfulness requires you to believe the clearest voice of God: the Holy Bible. As a litmus for all other voice; Rhema, the Bible which is inspired by the Holy Spirit (God the Third Person) has not failed, and still do wonders. Without faith, no man can understand, interpret or receive from God. In the scripture holds every promise of God, and as well, releases His divine powers. Know that “… without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him”.(Hebrews 11:6 NIV). So, if we claim God to be our God, father and Savior, we are required to please Him, believe His omnipresence, and trust His rewarding power. As a Spirit, God can reward us through man or directly called miracle. Serving in any Bible-based church can release God’s blessing, so is obedience to His commands.
Every believers faith goes through a test. Those that pass it (the faithful) receives a reward.
1. Knowing, speaking and living the Word of God diligently adds to our blessing. “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success”. (Joshua 1:8 NKJV). According to Joshua, two rewards; prosperity and good success is the reward.
2. Sickness is ineffective if we can sincerely serve and trust God for His word. ““So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you.” (Exodus 23:25 NKJV). Call for service is important. In today’s world, this is almost impossible as many people have made idols out of their jobs and businesses, so hospital and health insurance become the biggest industries in our country. Here, blessing and protection is promised.
3. To have more than enough, you must have to give to someone what you at least do not need. How can you fill a bottle of water that is full of water! Impossible right? So God demands the better-off to give to the less privilege. “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” (Luke 6:38 NIV) Here, giving attracts givers.
4. Many Christians are cursed because of this one practice ‘Tithe’. ““Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. “But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’ “In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me. Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it”. (Malachi 3:8-10 NIV). This is a commandment with a commandment. If you tithe, God’s servant is commanded to provide to the needy! Do not judge those that utilize what was entrusted to them for luxury cars and Airplanes. God will have their necks. Some christians believe that because it is in the Old Testament of the Bible that it was done away with when Jesus Christ came. I have a different view about this. This scripture revealed the origin of curse, and to cure it, you have to tithe. What Jesus did on the cross of Calvary was to remove the curse due to sin, which leads to death and eternal separation from God. Remember, He is God that gave the law (John 1:1-3), and intend it to be obeyed.
5. Do you have a best friend? Do you trust his/her advice? Do you share your problems with them? Do they solve them all? Obviously, the answer to the last question is no! Why? Because a man’s strength is limited. As a believer, the moment I began to let God hear from me before any other, I became better, happier and wiser. Not that your friends can not help, but since their sources are limited, they can but give you from their surplus. Unlike God, He gave His only son to die for us (John 3:16). If your faith can make you tell the unseen God, you will have the last laugh. God said, “‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’ (Jeremiah 33:3 NIV). God still answers.
6. Finally, trusting God with whatever you are going through makes Him happy. He is a friend closer that a brother! (Proverbs 18:24) Do you know that if you “Cast your burden on the Lord , … He shall sustain you; and shall never permit the righteous to be moved”? (Psalms 55:22 NKJV) These are possible, and still many more…
Scripture of today: ““For I am the Lord , I do not change; Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob”. (Malachi 3:6 NKJV)
Pastor Peter Okereke Jr
The Living Word Ministries
(Must use with a written permission), 2012