“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8 KJV)
In a simple term, Love is a sacrifice, a person committed to the other. In the presence of others, it would not change regardless. Do you have a meaningful Love, or do you say it because you know His name? Love is a single human character that defends itself. You can not fake it no matter how hard you try! Since it is not as simple as it is often spoken of, Love lives not to fail.
When we come to the relationship God wants with man, the foundation is Love. Reason being, “God is Love,” and as people, if we do not know and love God deeply, we are incapable of truly loving another. What do you think?
1. Love does not withhold from another, it gives even if it hurts. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life”. (John 3:16 KJV)
2. Love is a commitment to another, at the same time, pleasing God. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away”. (1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NIV)
3. The spice of Love is faithfulness. It refuses compromise. “Love and faithfulness meet together; righteousness and peace kiss each other” (Psalm 85:10)
4. There is no amount of money that can buy love. Are you selling yours? “Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned.” (Song Of Solomon 8:7)
5. Love is a proof of loyalty. True love does not change sides. It is loyal to the end. “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.” (Matthew 6:24)
6. True love is generous, sincere and encourages. It allows its path to be threaded by them that need it most. It will not find faults! “… if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.” (Romans 12:8-10)
To mention a few, where is you heart for love? Whose model of love are you following? Do you know those that love you? Do you know the one that gave all for you?
Maybe, in the flood of your trials you believe differently, but let me be clear… God’s love can not be matched. The lies of the devil can not erase it, “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork”. (Psalms 19:1 KJV)
God is constant, closer than a brother. Do you know Him today? Have you welcomed Him into your heart, home and marriage? Maybe, that is the reason things are not going well…!
Happy Valentine Day, and God Bless you all.
Pastor Peter Okereke Jr.
Copyright reserved, 2013