I THOUGHT IT ALL OVER, AND ALL I CAN SAY IS SIMPLY THAT JESUS PAID IT ALL….
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16 KJV)
When James gave advice to Christians world over, he said; “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,” (James 1:2 NKJV), he went ahead to illustrate the benefits of being thankful always. People with experience knew that trials build faith, and faith patience. Patience makes one perfect and perfection makes one complete. A complete person lacks nothing. (James 1:3,4) Since it is impossible for anyone of us to attain these virtues on our own, James directed us to God for the needed wisdom (v5), which is the fear of the Lord. (Psalm 111:10)
During my morning devotion, the Lord spoke to me as it relates to what I was asking of Him . He whispered, “Son, the price is paid for your everything.” Like every son or daughter who have needs, it is normal to go to the person we know that can solve it, but might sound absurd in the beginning for the person to tell us that the problem is solved regardless that there is no physical manifestation.
As the Lord through the Holy Spirit lead me to the book of Isaiah 53, I could not help but weep all the way, yet still filled with a joy unspeakable. It is amazing how much everyone of us should owe God, but He chose to give us a non-repayable credit called GRACE through His Son Jesus Christ!
If you are a believer, you can easily relate to what I am about to say. It is not an easy road to faithfully walk as a Christian. Christianity is when our will ceases to exist, but that of God controls. Since obedience to the will of God is what reveals God’s plan to the faithful, to the unbelieving, it sounds foolish; just following the ‘footstep on the sand’! Apostle Paul put it this way; “For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” (I Corinthians 1:18 NKJV). Since the mind that is not seasoned with Salt (a Believer) according to Psalm 14:1 insists on his/her will and not that of God, so many bad things not understood by man happens. Why? This is why; “And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.” (Revelation 12:17 KJV). Whenever we take that bold step to follow Jesus Christ, Satan is mad, but staying on the path of faith opposes the whole attacks of the enemy.
As a Christian, there are some important information you need to know:
1. It is hard for anyone without Christ and the love of God to accept, help or believe you or the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Isaiah 53:1)
2. Due to the disciplines you will attain obeying the will of God, a lot of people around you will think you a fool (though the reverse is the case), hence despise and reject you (Isaiah53:2,4)
3. In Jesus Christ alone is our full joy. Love of the world and things of the world brings trials and tribulations, and as well, makes us an enemy to God.(John 16:33, Isaiah 53:3-4)
4. Remember that Christ died for all mankind. Do not be the judge, but in truth, spread the good news. Only those that believe in Him are saved.(John 3:18)
5. On the Cross of Calvary, Jesus bought everything an everyday man needs. Every suffering, shame,sorrow, afflictions, chastisement, death, judgement, rejection etc He nailed to the Cross. (Isaiah 53:5-11) Therefore, “Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.” (Galatians 5:1 NKJV)
6. “For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us”. (II Corinthians1:20 NKJV). Now, the question is; “Do you believe Jesus Christ to be the Messaiah?” John 1:1,4 wrote, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.” (John 1:1, 14 NKJV)
Do you believe….?
Pastor Peter Okereke Jr.
The Living Word Ministries
(c) Copyright Reserved, 2013